COMING IN 2019
Block 23 is the highly anticipated mixed-use project in Downtown Phoenix. The development will be home to the area’s first grocery store by Fry’s Food Stores, which has long been sought after by residents and city leaders.
Slated for completion in 2019, Block 23 will also include approximately 330 apartments by StreetLights Residential, 200,000 square feet of creative office space, restaurant and retail uses along with above- and below-grade parking.
Here is the construction schedule for the Block 23 Development with estimated noise and traffic impacts. It should also be noted that the CitySkate closure on Central and Washington begins on October 31.
– Installation of soil nails at existing North and East garage. Noise Impact: 1/10. Traffic Impact: 1/10.
– Drilling for soldier pile shoring. Noise Impact: 2/10. Traffic Impact: 1/10.
– APS Temporary Power relocation. Noise Impact: 1/10. Traffic Impact: 1/10.
Starting October 2
– Mass excavation at night. Noise Impact: 3/10. Traffic Impact: 5/10.
Starting October 18
– Demolition of existing garage. Noise Impact: 7/10. Traffic Impact: 4/10.
Thank you all for your patience as this incredibly vital addition joins our downtown skyline.